I am thinking Aidan might have a future in pulmonary medicine. His new fun thing to do is to take his Tinker Toy tube and put it down his throat b/c he wants to try and touch his “gagger.”
Of course he also used that tube to syphon water out of the aquarium into his Trick or Treat bucket yesterday. When Rahul asked him what he was doing, he said he was cleaning out the aquarium like daddy does. I am still trying to figure out how that also included getting his head wet and thinking moving the aquarium upstairs might have been a bad idea 🙂
Rahul is taking his GI boards today. The kids sent him good vibes this morning before leaving for school. Just like it says in the picture, we know he will do great!
I found Aidan and Samantha in the kitchen yesterday afternoon with an empty vitamin bottle in their hands…yes, they had eaten the entire bottle of vitamins while I was in the bathroom. After a frantic call to poison control, we discovered our vitamins do not have iron in them. If they had iron, we would have been to the ER for stomach pumping. We do not know if Aidan actually got the childproof lid off himself or if dad did not put the lid on tightly after giving the kids their AM vitamins. The kids got a serious lecture from dad, and the vitamins are now in the cabinet out of reach.
Kristan (glad she was not the one who gave vitamins yesterday morning 🙂
I realized last night that I have not posted in a few weeks. Things here have bee super busy. We have signed the contract for our home addition, so construction should begin later this month. Here is a picture before construction. We will lose the 3 trees in the back, but a friend from work is using the wood to heat his home, which makes me feel a little better about taking them down. I will post more pictures as the work progresses.
Yesterday Aidan tripped coming out of the bathroom at preschool. When he fell, he hit his gum above his top teeth on the sink. The gum was pushed all the way to the top. This of course required an emergency dentist visit. After some x-rays and exam, shockingly there was no permanent damage done. His teacher mentioned when I picked him up that kids were always tripping and falling when they wore crocs, and she wished that they would not wear them. I mentioned this at the dentist office, and the dentist said that crocs had been banned at her daughter’s pre-k b/c of all the tripping and falling. So, as of today no more crocs at school. They were good for something, though. Aidan and Sam both learned their left from right b/c of the Jibbitzs (the race car is on the L foot, puppy on the R foot).