Monthly Archives: March 2010

concert date night


95% of my posts are about the kiddos. This post falls into the other 5% category. Rahul and I had a dinner date night with some friends and saw Wilco at the Durham Performing Arts Center last night. It was such a fun night, and a truly amazing show. Just like when we went to see Coldplay, the kids wanted to come along. We said they could in a few years (with some ear plugs 🙂

Kristan

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

fun weekend!



Wow, what a fun and busy weekend! Nana came to visit, ballet, soccer game, birthday party, and more gardening. It is also official…spring is here. We know b/c Saturday was March 20th, and more importantly, the daffodils are blooming.

The kids also discovered a fun way to play on the pool cover. Less than one month until the cover comes off!

Here are some pictures of our weekend fun.

Kristan

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

The Insect Song

We were outside planting more seeds and mulching today when Aidan announced that ants have 3 body parts: head, thorax and abdomen. He then offered to sing us a song about insects that he learned at school. Is Kindergarten cool or what? Samantha also joined in the fun 🙂

http://www.youtube.com/get_player

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Johnston Mill Nature Preserve Trail

The Mayer-Patel family invited us on a nature hike this afternoon. The kids were charged with finding signs of spring. We did not find a lot of things related to spring, but we definitely had lots of fun. A bonus was seeing some old friends from Carrboro Methodist! Here are some pics of our fun afternoon.

Kristan





Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

a birthday and new romance



Today we celebrated Ms Stevenson’s birthday by making ice cream sundaes at snack time. I think she was actually surprised (and so was I). Who knew 23 Kindergarteners could keep a secret 🙂

I noticed Aidan was a little chummy with a girl at his table. Later tonight, he announced that she was his girlfriend and they like to hold hands a lot. This little gal is a heart breaker. Not sure I am ready for this…..

Kristan

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

a pencil is always in her hand


These days Samantha is always drawing and writing. She hunts for cards and envelopes to create her artwork on. Recently her drawings have started looking like real pictures. Most importantly, she is super happy whenever she has that pencil in her hand 🙂

Kristan

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

plantin’ time

I got out my Valentine’s gift today (the garden weasel) and put it to use for the first time. We planted lettuce, spinach, and broccoli seeds. I also put out the lounge chairs by the pool hoping to “will” it to get warm. Of course the kids lounged by the pool, covered in blankets 🙂

Crossing my fingers that some of our seeds will sprout despite the anticipated snow on Tuesday!

Kristan




Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized